K2 AMP Rictor MX 12.0 System Ski - Mens - 2011/2012
Our Price: $562.95
Item #: 0810618
Out of stock
K2 AMP Rictor MX 12.0 System Ski - Mens: The K2 Rictor is an incredibly versatile high performance ski that just may become your one-ski-quiver. With an 80mm waist, it is narrower enough to lay round railroad tracks on the steepest and firmest groomers on the mountain, but it is equally qualified to tear up the back bowls on a powder day. This expert level ski is designed with the All Mountain Rocker, which boasts an early rise tip comprising 30% of the ski, with the remaining 70% being traditionally cambered. The rocker combination provides the power and energy in your turns you’d expect from a full cambered ski, with the agility enhancing effects of the rocker.
Performance: Groomed: 50%, Ungroomed: 50%
Sizes: 160, 167, 174, 181
Radius: 16m @ 174
Construction: Metal Laminate - Hybritech Sidewall, Aspen/Paulownia Core
Binding Options: Marker K2 / MX 12.0
Features: Progressive Sidecut, Mod Technology, Mod Monic
All Terrain Rocker
ROCKER: Easy initiation, versatility, agility
CAMBER: Control, edge hold, rebound
All-Terrain Rocker features an elevated tip for variable and soft snow performance, as well as camber underfoot for power, energy, and edge-hold in firmer conditions.
Simply put, All-Terrain Rocker offers versatility and ease in all snow conditions.
High-Performance Suspension System Mod functions by absorbing vibrations and impact loads along the entire ski, providing stronger edge-hold and a higher degree of power and control. Mod is a secondary core that flexes and moves on top of the primary core, allowing the overall ski flex to be unaffected.
Progressive sidecut is a combination of two different radii, or sidecuts, that enhance the versatility of wider-waist skis. Standard sidecut theory is based on using a single radius. This works well on narrower skis, but becomes overpowering on wider skis, especially in variable conditions. The use of progressive sidecut on wider-waist skis guarantees improved turn initiation and hard-snow performance.
A Focused Mass-DampenerThe Monic is a solid zinc mass that works in conjunction with the Mod structure to focus mass-dampening at a targeted location.
Hybritech is a unique blend of sidewall and cap constructions. The construction combines the accuracy and power performance of sidewall underfoot with the lightweight characteristics and smooth turn initiation of cap construction.
Integrated Hub Technology
Titanal hubs are imbedded into the core of the ski for the most direct transmission of power. The system hubs are functionally wider with a 50mm footprint, which decreases the distance between the binding and the edge of the ski for added performance.
Built with two sheets of lightweight Titanal running the length of the ski, metal-laminate skis are the highest performing and most complex construction available from K2. Built from the base up, a metal laminate construction consists of alternating layers of fiberglass and Titanal above and below the wood core. Metal-laminates provide dampened, accurate, unshakable performance ideal for expert-level skiers.